Pinky's Place

"That which does not kill you will only make you stronger."

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Rugby. Salsa. Cameras. Who needs anything else?

This week is going SO much better than last week.

I could not wait for last week to end. More than usual, I might add. Just one bleh thing after another. But this week....

Well, I have to say, it started off with work. Rugby, Sunday morning, John Abbott college. Doesn't sound like it would amount to much at all. Especially with the rain and cold weather. Surprisingly, it turned out fairly decent.

It was cold as ass...and a bit drizzly. But rugby is rugby and I suppose I won't really tire of watching it. To kick it up a notch, people, whose company I actually enjoy showed up. Yay! On top of that, to support my home team (Dawson Blues!) we actually had cheerleaders. Whoa. That like, never happens. So hooray for school spirit.

Then, there were hot cup o' noodles to lukewarm our insides up. Nice. I won't say no to warm edible cups of pleasure in wet, muddy and cold conditions. There is only so much that a decent underarmor shirt can do for you (I still love you though).

A decent match all in all. Even though we came out with a loss, I though we put in a valiant effort. Then came the warmish, somewhat watered down but still welcome! (hot) chocolate. I'll take it! A bus ride home and hot cider from Second Cup with a friend did wonders...

Ah, Monday. Work....but I like my work, so I'm one of the lucky ones. I was also lucky enough to have someone bring me some classic KD...but topped off with little bits of hot-dog! I felt younger then than in many years....

Off to my first salsa experience!!! A series of spontaneous events lead up to this point.
My friend: a current salsa dance student.
Me: a current complainer of not being available to take regular salsa classes.
Genius: my friend locating a free salsa class on a night we were both free.
Result: dancing my little heart out! I love salsa!!

Ah, Tuesday. School...but first, a special stop. The camera shop!! I've had my eye on the Nikon CoolPix P4 and I had to have it. Smaller, faster, higher performance. My kind of toy.

With the company of another friend that shared my enthusiasm for all things that take photographs, we trudged through another morning of rain to get to our goal.

"Excuse me, do you carry the Nikon P4?" I asked, a little too calmly, given my insides were being attacked by invisible butterflies.

"Um...it's not out here. Let me check in the back." replied Camera Store Guy.

Hmmm....I'm not sure if I should be worried or not.

"Yes! We have it." returned the triumphant Camera Store Guy.

Nice.

But of course, I still need to see it. And ask my usual random questions that I already know the answers to but still asked to make the Camera Store Guy feel like he did some work.

Yeah, yeah. I'll take it. Here! Here's my credit card! Hurry up!

Well, it was more like:

"Ok. I'll take it. "

I have to say, I'm very proud of myself. I kept everything in the box and stuff until I got home. But I have to say...it's beautiful. Not to knock my previous camera, the Nikon CoolPix 4300 (yes, I only like Nikons) but this was a newer generation. 4-5 years makes a HUGE difference in the world of technology. My new camera had double the megapixels, double the speed, more scene modes and a feature called vibration reduction. In other words, an image stabilizer. I've seen pictures taken by it from a moving car that were so sharp and clear that you wouldn't believe. All this for half the price of my previous CoolPix.

But I still love you too, 4300. I won't forget all the good times that we had together. I won't abandon you, but I just can't take you everywhere with me anymore. We still have some good years ahead of us, but we'll just have to pick our battles now. Forgive me.




We've captured so many moments together....

(this shot taken with my new P4!)








But now, I will make new moments with P4 now...

(ironically, these shots were taken with my 4300...)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home